Friday, September 12, 2008

Mermaid's Eye the Making of.

I was going for a Underwater Look, with many green, turquoise,aqua and blue tones.I wanted it to have a mystical, fanatasy look. Here's the procedure to how I created "The Mermaid's Eye" using photoshop CS2. (^^)v

1.I cropped the photo witht the crop to toolto focus on the eye.
2.I used the magic wand tool and selected most of the iris, and then used Quick Mask mode to cleanup my selection.
3.I adjusted the hue, saturation and Contrast of the iris.
4.I deselected the iris and burned around the eyelid and pupil, to make them more defined.
5.I adjust the brightness and contrast of the entire picture
6.Then I went under adjustments and selected a hpo filter, and chose "cyan" setting.
7.I used the dodged tool to add more shine to the eye
8. Used a paint Daubs filter
9. Dodged the iris lightly again
10.Opened a new layer
11.Painted on bubbles
12.Then I dodged inside the bubble brush strokes, to make a spherical effect
13.Flattened image
14. Wrote my Signature.

My picture is posted in the post before this one
~Cat "Lily"

No comments: